Saturday, July 15, 2006

Superlate Post on Wimbledon

I know Wimbledon is already out of season...just like the World Cup...but it is only now that I found time to post something on the women's championship. As made obvious by my previous post, I am a fan of Justine Henin-Hardenne. At first I was really apprehensive with how she is going to fare on grass as she has always been praised for her game on the clay court. But when I heard that she won at Eastbourne which was sort of the "warm-up" for Wimbledon, I said to myself - may pag-asa. So I was so happy to see how easy it was for her to reach the finals without losing any match (set? game? ano ba tawag don? sabi ko na sa inyo, I am not a tennis player - a J.Henin-Hardenne fan only). However the inevitable happened, my favorite lost to Amelie Mauresmo...Henin-Hardenne committed a lot of errors and Mauresmo's serves were really superb...well, it is not yet Justine's time to earn that prestigious Wimbledon title...Better luck next year...

No comments: