Monday, May 26, 2008

My One and Only Tennis Champ


It has been over 10 days since Justine Henin announced her retirement from WTA. But upto now I still feel sad about it because truth be told, I only watch tennis because of her. Now the French Open does not seem exciting at all. It is because of her human spirit, her sheer determination to defeat all odds and making her victorious all the time that has made her a true inspiration -- an inspiration not just in tennis but in life even.

I support, though, her decision to retire. In fact, I admire her for it. Her reason for stopping is because the passion to win is gone. This speaks a lot about her character. If she continues to play without being able to give it her all then she will just short change herself and her fans. This goes to show that this lady truly knows herself. I salute her! ALLEZ JUSTINE!!!

No comments: